Last updated May 2012
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
2. The information we collect about you and the way we use it
You may be asked to give us personal details when purchasing, registering or subscribing to a APCOA parking service or product or providing feedback on various issues relating to APCOA.
We collect your data and personal information in the following ways:
- On our website when you make or manage a booking or alter your details using 'Manage My Parking Booking'.
- In our Customer Services department, following correspondence with you.
We use your data and personal information in the following ways:
- To continually improve your customer experience. We use the information to process bookings and payments, communicate with you about bookings, products, services and to ensure you are able to enter and exit the Car Park as required.
- To improve our website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- To provide you with a response from us to an enquiry made by you.
- To send you details of your new, amended or cancelled booking.
- We may also provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third parties but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We may contact you by post, email, or telephone (including mobile SMS). Your confirmation emails (which may include details of bookings, parking and hotel services, product registration or subscription made through our Websites) may also include marketing material which we think may be of interest to you. We do our best to tailor this information so that it will be useful to you, but if at any time you no longer wish to receive it, you can opt out by following the instructions that we will give you with each communication.
Your data may be used for the following purposes: accounting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification and screening, safety and security, administrative and legal purposes, statistical and marketing analysis with a view to improving our products and services, the Websites and the user experience, systems testing, maintenance and development, customer research and surveys, customer relations and to help us in future dealings with you. If we use your information for the purposes of statistical or marketing analysis, your information will be made anonymous so you cannot be personally identified from it.
We may disclose your personal information to others where we are required or permitted to do so by law, or if you send us any material that is unlawful, offensive, abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, discriminatory or infringes the rights of anyone else, in order to prevent you from continuing to do so. If you are under 16 you must obtain consent from a parent or guardian before providing us with any personal information All personal information is held in a secure environment. All personal data that APCOA collects is used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 APCOA may use third party processors to handle personal data collected, these processors may be located in the UK or abroad. When using processors, we ensure that appropriate contractual safeguards, as dictated by the Data Protection Act 1998, are put in place.
3. Your rights under the Data Protection Act
Under the Data Protection Act, you have the right to ask us what information we hold about you, the source of that information, and the uses to which it has been put. Such a request must be in writing and should be directed to the address below.
4. Contact us
If you would like to update your information, modify your communication preferences, or if you do not want to receive marketing communications from APCOA in the future, you can contact:
Data Protection Manager
APCOA Parking UK Ltd
4-10 Cowley Road
5. Links to third party websites
You can usually change your browser's settings so that it will not accept cookies, although this may restrict some website functionality.